After School Activities
Richfield Community Education provides opportunities for enrichment and recreation activities where youth can explore and experience areas of interest, build skills and relationships, and establish community connections.
Activities are presented in a fun and safe environment with plenty of hands-on involvement. Classes vary and may include cooking, martial arts, drama, arts and crafts, languages, sports and more!
After school classes meet at Centennial, Sheridan Hills, Richfield Dual Language and Richfield STEM schools. Additional youth enrichment classes meet on evenings, school release days and during the summer. Seasonal youth fliers are sent home with students from school and included in the districtwide Community Education catalog.
View class offerings or register online through the Richfield Community Education registration website.
Beacons is a collaboration of the Boys and Girls Club of Minneapolis, the YMCA and the Richfield Public School District. Students can register for Beacons at the start of the school year or any time during the school year. Beacons staff are trained educators who work closely with the Centennial staff to meet the academic and social-emotional needs of students. Stop by the Beacons office or give us a call to get connected, we can’t wait to meet you!
About Beacons: The Beacons program engages young people as leaders and learners to create equitable schools and communities. Beacons turns schools into community centers by running free, high-quality programs after school and in the summer–all focused on belonging, relationships, enrichment and learning. To learn more about Beacons, visit the Centennial Beacons website. Please note registration for 2022-23 is currently closed. Click here to join the waitlist. Beacons programs are built in partnership between young people and adults, bringing together our whole community to determine what we want to see and do during out-of-school-time.
Richfield Fun Club is a non-profit organization that provides school-age child care before and after school from 6:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Experienced and caring staff engage children in a variety of activities that include outside time, gym activities, drawing and coloring, arts and crafts and computer lab. Fun Club is also open on school release days with the exception of national and district holidays.
|Before school||$10 per day||$50 per week|
|After school||$15 per day||$75 per week|
|Before & after school||$20 per day||$100 per week|
|Non-school days||$39 per day|
*Fun Club rates as of 7/2022 and are subject to change.
The mission of Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. is to support individuals and families in their efforts to develop competent, caring and responsible youth by connecting them to our community.
In addition to connecting youth and families to community activities, Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. supports participation in positive youth development experiences by providing scholarships to help cover the cost of program fees.
- Any youth attending Richfield public or non-public schools is eligible. If you have a Bloomington address and are enrolled in a Richfield school, you may use this for a Bloomington youth activity.
- Scholarships are for any Richfield youth activity.
- Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. has a limited amount of scholarship dollars available and is only to be used for program fees, not for costumes, uniforms, travel expenses or tickets.
Apply for a Scholarship
- Find an activity of interest.
- Contact the organizer or sponsor of the activity about enrolling.
- Request financial assistance from activity sponsor or organization.
- If additional financial assistance is needed, submit this request form and your fee of $5 or more.
- Upon completion of this application, Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. will verify scholarship fund availability and confirm with the applicant by email as soon as possible.
- Upon approval, Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. will release a check to the activity sponsor.
- Plan ahead! Allow 5-7 business days for processing.
- Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. considers all scholarship requests on an individual basis.