Dear RPS Families,
To help keep students healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are providing a free at-home rapid test for each RPS student. This email is to notify you that the kits have arrived and are available for pick-up.
Two Pick-Up Options:
- Monday, Jan. 17 (MLK Day)
- Noon-6 p.m.
- Richfield High School, door 7 (7001 Harriet Ave. S)
- Thursday, Jan. 20
- 3-6 p.m.
- R-STEM (7020 12th Ave. S)
- Masks are required.
- Parents/guardians can pick up one test kit for each of their children attending Richfield Public Schools.
- Richfield High School students can pick up test kits for themselves and any other RPS students in their family only if their parent/guardian completes this online permission form in advance.
If you are unable to pick up your kit on either of these dates and would like one, please contact Teresa Rosen at email@example.com. Please do not contact your child’s school.
Unclaimed test kits will be distributed to school health offices to be sent home with symptomatic students as needed until supplies run out.
About the kits:
- The BD Veritor nasal swab at-home test is a rapid antigen test. This test can be used for anyone over the age of 2. The package includes two tests per box so the person being tested can take a second test between 24 and 48 hours after the first test.
- To take this test, you will need to download the ScanWell Health App on your smartphone (Apple App Store | Google Play Store). The app will guide you through the testing process. The test will take about 20 minutes to complete. Instructions are included in the test kit. Test results will only be available through the app. (Note: Please follow the instructions carefully. Unlike other home test kits, the lines that are visible do not represent the test results. You will need to use the app to access the test results.)
When should your child take the test?
- If/when your child is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- If/when your child has potential exposure to someone who has COVID-19.
- If/when you have been notified that your child was a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Testing is an important mitigation strategy that can keep children healthy and in school. Thank you for helping to keep your child and our school community safe.
COVID-19 Resources & Information
Find Testing Locations in Minnesota
- Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector
- COVID-19 Community Vaccination Program
- FAQs about COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
Additional COVID-19 Information