At Richfield Public Schools, we do not want finances to be a barrier for any student or family to participate fully in their education or activities. The best way to make this possible is to ensure that we have up-to-date information. Please support our schools by filling out an application today so we can have accurate information for our budgeting process. Thank you to those families who have already completed this important form!
Did you know that filling out the Application for Educational Benefits is not just about getting free or reduced-price meals?
Students who qualify may receive:
- Waivers for college application fees
- Fee waivers for tests such as the ACT and SAT
- Reduced-fare bus passes with MetroTransit
- Discounts from internet providers and community services
- Reduced athletics fees, when applicable
- Reduced fees for participation in any other school programs, when applicable
Based on the percentage of students within a specific school who qualify, schools may receive:
- Applications for grants
- Field trip programming and transportation
The District receives funding based on our percentage of students who qualify. This funding can be used for:
- Hiring reading and math specialists
- Keeping low staff-to-student ratios
- Other supports for ALL students
Fill out an application today!
- Apply online or download the application in English or Spanish from our Nutrition Services web page. You can also pick up an application from any of our school offices.
- You can fill out a new application any time that your information changes, including updates to your income or the number of people in your household. This year, many families filled out this form at the beginning of the school year, but situations have changed due to COVID-19. If you didn’t qualify at the time but your income has changed, please reapply!
- The information you give us is CONFIDENTIAL and cannot be shared with anyone outside of our Nutrition Services department without your written consent. If you are randomly selected for verification of the information in your application, the documentation you provide is only read by our Nutrition Services staff and does not get shared with any outside entities.
- Participation in a free/reduced-price meal program cannot be considered when making a public charge determination for immigration processes.
If you have any questions about the Application for Educational Benefits, please contact Courtney LaDuke in Nutrition Services at email@example.com or 612-798-6072.