Engage and Thrive at Centennial Elementary
At Centennial Elementary, our strength comes from the close-knit nature of a small neighborhood school. Located in the suburb of Richfield, we serve and teach students grades PreK through 5. With a low student-to-teacher ratio, we provide rich and individualized learning experiences for each of our students, ensuring success at all levels. Our teachers genuinely care about and are committed to improving the well-being of our students and their families. We respect and value the cultural backgrounds of all our students and consider our diversity an advantage in the classroom.
- We are a small neighborhood school that values all cultures and considers our diversity our strength.
- Our focus is on ensuring students succeed at every level by providing strong core content and differentiated support to meet the individual needs of each student.
- Our experienced and committed teachers genuinely care about the success of students and their families.
- Small class sizes provide in-depth and personalized learning experiences for students.
- Students have daily access to online learning opportunities using Chromebooks in the classrooms.
- The talent development classes provide students with enriched and advanced learning activities (formerly known as gifted and talented).
- We provide a variety of learning opportunities, including art, music, media and physical education.
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment to maximize student learning in the 21st Century will be completed in 2020.
- We have a new, cutting-edge curriculum that was implemented in 2019.
- We have a Beacons afterschool program, sponsored by Minneapolis Boys’ and Girls’ Club, which provides academic support and fun activities for students.
- Before and after school child care is available on-site through Fun Club.
- Wood Lake Nature Center
- Boy’s and Girls’ Clubs of America
- Richfield Rotary Club
- Adopt a Classroom
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Assistance League